Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ahh, craftiness

I have been crafting!

Crafting makes me SO happy!

A few years ago, when I was really into making jewelery, I made necklaces for my kid's teachers. Last week one of my son's past teachers emailed me to see if I was still making them. She wanted to BUY some to give to her kid's teachers!

I have never SOLD anything that I made. I have given a lot for gifts, but, when you do that, you really cannot gauge if it is "good" because {not many} people will tell you to your face that something you made is not good, right?

Well, apparently I was a hit with at least 1 person and frankly, that is awesome in my book!

So, this weekend I was busily crafting away and here is my end result


2010-05-25-19-41-09---0003 

I used Fragments by Tim Holtz to make the pendants. They are so lightweight that I think they work awesome as jewelery.

I have been playing around with Glimmer Mists in the Dimensional Details class so I thought it would be fun to use them on my tag. I cut a doily in half, placed in on top of my tag and misted. I love the subtle detail it gives to the basic kraft tag.

I also added a bit of Happy Tape as an accent because, well, it made me happy!


2010-05-25-19-42-18---0005
Put a little more Happy Tape on the back too, so that it was happy all around.

I made 9 different styles. None are exactly the same.

Here is a look at the whole lot

2010-05-25-19-44-29---0008

I am so thrilled that I was asked to make these AND that someone is willing to pay money for them!

Let me know what you think of them...maybe I should make more!



6 comments:

  1. Um, you should totally make more!! They are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so beautiful! I love the happy tape. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty Julie! What a neat gift! Teacher or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Julie! They are so so gorgeous! And the happy tape is the perfect touch for the packaging :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yes you should definately make more, they are really fab, and the tags are a work of art in themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie,
    Your necklaces are so beautiful & congrats! You are now a PAID artist!
    (I am SO far behind on my Google Reader)

    ReplyDelete